Well, I just got back from taking Colton to school and I hated dropping him off. Today is the much anticipated TAKS test. For the last few months, it seems like all they have done is prepare for the test. Colton has been nervous about this all week and I feel so bad for him. He came home yesterday telling me all the *rules* - they have to sit at their desk all day (with the exception of lunch), absolutely no talking (except at lunch), they will be sent to the principals office if they are talking during the test, etc. And the teachers made it very clear that if you didn't pass the test at all (of course you do get 3 chances at it), you would have to repeat 3rd grade. Ugh!! Not only is it going to be a long day for these kids, but it also seems sad to put that much pressure on them!! I gave Colton a pep talk this morning and made sure that he understood that it is only a test and as long as he tries his best, it doesn't matter to me how he does. I can't wait for today to be over!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sure he will do great!! I am ready for it to be over, too!! :)
What a nightmare. I feel for these kids, I'm sorry. Mike's Mom is a 3rd grade teacher and she hates the pressure put on them. She can't wait to retire.
Post a Comment