...and trying to catch up on life!! (Okay, I confess - I have been back for over 2 weeks now but am having a hard time getting back to reality!!) We had a fabulous trip! We got to stay an extra 2 1/2 days because our original flight home was cancelled. We had so much fun and I just have to say - I have an amazing family! They really are the best! Mia had so much fun playing with her cousins and Mason got more attention than he knew what to do with! We divided up our time so that we could stay a few nights at each of my brothers homes and also a few nights at my Aunt and Uncle's house. Regardless of where we were staying, we had huge family get togethers almost every night! I loved having time to spend talking, laughing, and reminiscing with my brothers. I have really missed them. They have amazing families and it was great to spend time getting to know my nieces and nephews better. I even got to spend a day with just my two sister-in-laws! We had lunch and then went shopping! My brothers have incredible wives. My brother, Mike, got a big kick out of all of us nursing moms!! Here is a quote from his blog. "My sister and 2 of her kids are out visiting from Austin. Its been a blast so far and the kids have loved playing with their cousins. They are all so cute together but , with Cristy, my sister, and Jess all lactating, its been a plain old dairy farm around the house. We all moo as we walk by. Needless to say, we all get punched too." Yep, he's a pretty funny guy!! Of course, those were some of the best times....just sitting around, feeding our babies and talking and laughing. It was great to bond with some of the amazing women in my family!! And as always, we loved the time we spent at my Aunt and Uncle's house. They are like grandparents to my kids and we love that! I missed Kyle and my kiddos back home, but really enjoyed spending so much time with my family in Utah. Here are some pictures from the trip. I took over 200....but I promise not to post them all!
We had a great time at the Mayan Restaurant. Well....the service wasn't that good and only some of us got our food, but the kids had a blast and we all enjoyed the company!
Mia had so much fun with her cousins, Kaitlyn and Courtney. They were so cute together. Kaitlyn loved putting make-up on Mia and getting all decked out in dress-up clothes. They put on shows for us and ran around with little head sets on. They are such sweet girls!
Mia and Max were two peas in a pod! They played so well together and had so much fun.
I wish I had gotten more pictures of this. We had so much fun playing (or watching people play) Rockband!! And boy can my brothers rock out!!! That's Mike on the drums and Mark is to his right. My cousin, Micah, was on the microphone and had us all laughing so hard when he belted out Sabotage. It was great! Needless to say, I am not quite coordinated on the drums, but can hold my own on the guitar!!
No comments:
Post a Comment