Friday, September 26, 2008

One year ago, this very moment....

I was in labor with Mason. He was born at 12:03am, on September 27th. Tonight, I was at HEB and I glanced down at my watch right around the exact time that they started the induction. It hit me kind of hard and I felt really weepy. I remember it like it was yesterday - the excitement of going in to the hospital knowing that we were going to have our baby, the dread of starting the evil pitocin, enduring painful contractions with Kyle holding one hand and Jane holding the other, feeling like I was going to literally die - yet amazed at how the body can handle natural childbirth, the euphoric feeling of giving birth and holding my precious baby in my arms for the first time. If I could, I would go back and relive it all over again. And, of course, one of my favorite moments - when Kyle holds our baby for the first time. It is always such a precious, priceless moment.
I can't believe it's been a year. In 3 hours, my sweet little Mason will be one year old. What a wonderful year it has been! I can't imagine my life without him!!

3 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Happy Birthday Mason! What a special day, I love each of my baby stories, even Brooklyn's, which was horrible. : )

Christina said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!

Janette said...

He is so cute. I can't beleive he is 1 know. Happy Birthday Mason.miss you love nettie