Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This years favorites....

Every year I hunt for the things that the kids will really enjoy. This isn't always easy, especially since Mia always claims to want certain toys, but hardly plays with any of them! It's always fun to see them with the gift that they just can't put down. Well, this year we did it! The kids knew that their big Christmas gift was our trip to Utah for Thanksgiving. So, they all had lots of time to think about the few things that they wanted the most for Christmas. Here are their favorites:

Santa brought Mason this adorable Coupe Car and he LOVES it!! He opens the side door, climbs in and out, beeps the horn and loves for one of his big siblings to push him around in it. (I have to add that Caden and Mia are also fond of this gift and have taken many rides around the house in it as well!!)


Not only is this one of Caden's favorites, but it's also one of mine!! Caden LOVES Toy Story - especially Buzz Lightyear. So, I had decided to make him a Buzz Lightyear quilt (this was my first attempt at quilt making but I am so pleased with how it turned out!!) We got him a cowboy hat and some cowboy boots and wrapped them together with the quilt. He absolutely LOVES them!! He immediately put them on and has worn them daily ever since! A little boy in cowboy boots and hat has got to be one of the cutest things EVER!!!

Just another picture of my little Cowboy!

Caden's other favorite toy was the one that Santa brought him....a Lego Duplo Castle! Grandpa put it together for him and he sat at the table and played and played (with cowboy boots and hat, of course).


For months and months, Mia kept telling us that she was going to ask Santa for a pair of rollerskates. I kept waiting for her to change her mind (which she oftentimes does) but she stuck to it!! So, Santa brought her a pair of purple rollerskates and she absolutely LOVES them!! She put them right on and wore them all day!! I am not kidding you! It was so cute to see her *skate* around the house. Whenever she got to the tiled area, she would go really slow. We got her pads, too, and she insists on wearing them.

Taking a little break from skating to eat some chocolate!


Colton got a new game for his Nintendo DS and was so excited. He couldn't wait to sit down and start playing it! He has pretty limited DS time, especially during the school week, but we have a rule that on your birthday, you can do WHATEVER you want!!! So, he spent a lot of time playing his DS!!


Colton's other favorite gift was what Santa brought him (thank you, Grandpa Santa!). He got an awesome new BMX bike and helmet!!!! It is really a cool bike and Colton loves it!!
The kids had a great day and loved all the presents that they got. It wasn't as low key as Kyle and I had planned (Grandpa did more than his fair share of spoiling!!), so I guess it's a good thing that we cut back so much this year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well miss you guys already. It looks like you had a great xmas. All your kids look so happy. I love the one of Kaden in his boots and hat. I also love the quilt that you made. Love ya Nettie