Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday Weekend!

I had a wonderful birthday! Kyle and the kids spoiled me all weekend! My weekend started off on Friday night when I went scrapbooking with my good friend, Christina. We scrapped at a local scrapbooking store where they serve dinner and dessert. I was a little late getting there and was surprised to find a little birthday cake at our table! (Thank you so much, Christina!) She also got me an awesome scrappin' tote that I can't wait to use!! We had a blast (we always do)! Saturday I had a wonderful day with Kyle and the kids. We went to Ceramic Cellar and painted a beautiful big platter and had the kids put their handprints on it. I am picking it up on Thursday....I can hardly wait!! I have been wanting to do that for a long time!! I had a hot date Saturday night and we had a great time. :) Mason has been real clingy and fussy lately, so I left the 3 big kids with our babysitters and took Mason to Christina's house - where I knew he would be held and loved on all evening! (Thanks so much, Christina and Nathan!!) Kyle and I ate at my favorite Mexican Restaurant and had a Bananagrams tournament there. I love that I am married to a man who is willing to play Bananagrams with me at a restaurant table!! It was so funny - at one point he accidentally dropped one of the tiles under the table and it took us forever to find it! We had to practically move the booth completely out just to get it. I'm sure the restaurant workers were very entertained by the silly couple in the corner. :) And, for the record, I beat Kyle - 3 to 2!! It was a really wonderful weekend. I got some beautiful roses (Thank you, Carol and Danny), got to sleep in Saturday and Sunday....and even enjoyed a Sunday afternoon nap! So, how does it feel to be 31? Not too different from 30!! :)

2 comments:

Muggle Mom said...

happy late birthday!

Christina said...

Glad it was a great weekend :)