I have been such a bad blogger lately!! Things have been so crazy around here and we have had so much going on. Our big project, that is finally finished, is our garage. Well, it used to be our garage! To make more room for our ever expanding family, we converted our garage to living space. It was an oversized garage to begin with and thanks to my extremely talented hubby, we were able to make a room for Colton, a bathroom, and a playroom. When we first started the project, we got a ton done within the first week. Then Kyle's work schedule got crazy and so things slowed down a bit. We are so happy that it is finally done!!! We finished it about 3 weeks ago and have been slowly moving things back in, organizing stuff, putting up shelving, etc. It looks great and we LOVE it!! It's amazing the difference that added space has made! I love having a playroom for the kids and Colton just loves having his own room. Here are a few pictures. I haven't taken any since we started moving stuff back in, so I'll have to do that soon!
Here is a picture of where the garage door used to be. Of course, it is all bricked in now (still haven't taken a picture of that). Even though our house is 6 years old, the brick that we ordered is practically a perfect match! That's Mia hanging from the window. We had an extra storage area in the garage, which became part of Colton's room (his room starts about a foot after the first window and goes back to the a/c unit)
Here is a view from the old house to garage door. Kyle let me pick out the paint colors and I was determined to make it a fun, bright playroom for the kids. I painted the playroom area yellow and then there is another area that I painted red (which will be the media area - we are going to put a tv on the wall and a small couch over there...just haven't done that yet!). The door you see off to the right of the big windows is the bathroom door. It's a good sized bathroom - with sink, toilet and shower. That was Kyle's project and it turned out great! With the sink/vanity he picked and the floor and shower tile, I think it's the nicest bathroom in our house!!
Here is a view of the media area. Right now we just have some shelves in there - and some toys that we are still in the process of organizing. The open door off to the left is to Colton's room (I still need to get some pictures of his room). Ignore the fuzzies all over the carpet....these were taken right after the carpet was installed and we still needed to vacuum. Oh, and you even get to seem my nifty vacuum! I absolutely LOVE my dyson!!!!!!!! :)
Well, there it is.....the main reason I have been such a bad blogger!! Now I am busy trying to finish up a few things - organizing, hanging some stuff on the walls, etc. While we were doing this project, we had rented a storage unit for all the stuff that was in the garage, kids toys, etc. Kyle will be making the final load tomorrow morning and then it will be empty!!! Yay!!! It has been a fun project and I am so grateful to have such a handy hubby!!
1 comment:
Looks awesome!! WTG Kyle!
Post a Comment