Introducing....
Micah William Koepp
August 19, 2009 10:35am
8lb. 8oz. 20 1/4 inches long
We are all so glad that Micah is finally here! The labor and delivery (which has since been titled *Fast and Furious*!!) went well. It was VERY fast and VERY intense - and I'm so glad that I won't be doing that again!! :) I had cervadil the night before and that was left in for 12 hours. It did soften my cervix, but didn't put me into labor, like we were hoping. So, Wednesday morning at 7:30am, they started me on pitocin. I don't know if it was because of the cervadil or just the way my body responded, but the contractions started almost immediately - and they got intense really fast. My doctor checked me at 8:15am and I was dilated to 3cm. She broke my water at that time as well. The contractions picked up even more and that was probably as close as I've ever come to REALLY wanting an epidural!! A little after 9am, I was between 4 and 5cm. The next time they checked me, I was 7cm. They were just getting ready to give me some IV pain meds (stadol) and I told them I needed to push. They checked me and the nurse said "Yep, we're going to be having a baby!" Within minutes, he was born! I literally went from 7 cm to delivery in 10 minutes. He came so fast, that it caused facial bruising on him. His sweet little face was pretty much blue! He had quite a set of lungs, but it was wonderful to hear him cry. He is healthy and is doing great. He caught on to nursing real quick and LOVES to eat! He is just precious (I know, I'm a little biased!).
Here are some pictures of the kids when they came up that evening to meet their new baby brother. I don't have any pictures of Mason. I think he was more interested in what he could get in to in my hospital room than the baby! We couldn't get him to stand still long enough for a picture!

Proud big brother, Colton
Proud big brother, Colton
They just ADORE the baby!!
This picture cracks me up! Caden and Mason had spent the previous night at our friends house, Lexy and Bill. Well, they have lots of pets, including a dog that Caden became very attached to. When Lexy brought the little boys up to the hospital, Caden was NOT happy to be leaving her house....more importantly, leaving her dog. So, as soon as he walked in to the hospital room to see me and the baby, he starts crying because he wants to go back to Lexy's house to see the dog. The WHOLE time he was at the hospital, he pretty much stayed curled up in a ball on my bed, crying his eyes out. I kept asking him if he wanted to hold the baby, touch the baby, etc....and he would just cry about how all he wanted to do was go to Lexy's house and see her dog. It was pretty funny!!
1 comment:
YEAH!!! I just saw the post and Micah is beautiful! I am sure that you are all so thankful that he is here safe and sound. Brooklyn was my "Fast and Furious" and I don't think I'll ever let her forget it! Congrats!
Post a Comment