Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'm back....

It's been a while since I have posted. I've had a long couple of weeks and I honestly haven't felt up to writing anything. On May 9th, I got a call from my brother in Utah - telling me that my cousin, Micah, had tragically died. I can't even explain how many emotions came flooding over me at that moment. My heart just broke for my aunt and uncle. I am very close to both of them and it was heartbreaking to see them going through this. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that they are experiencing in losing a child. They also have 2 other sons,Nic and Shane, and I worry about them so much. Shane is 16 years old. I was exactly his age when my sister died. Sometimes the memory of it is so raw and I hate that they are going through this.

I flew to Utah with Mason and was able to spend 6 days there. It was great to be there with my family. We all needed the support, especially my aunt, uncle and cousins. I am so grateful that I could be there for them. For the first time in many years, my whole family was together. My dad was there and my brother, Robbie, flew in with his son. Attending the viewing and the funeral opened up some old wounds and we all definitely needed each other.


Micah was 22 years old. He was an amazing young man who was loved by so many. He had an incredible smile and such a fun personality. I am so grateful for the memories I have of him. He is greatly missed and will never be forgotten. Here are some pictures of him from my trip to Utah in March.
Micah and Mason
Micah and Jack
Shane and Micah
Micah and Shane with my aunt and uncle

2 comments:

Muggle Mom said...

i am so sorry for your loss bri! :( i am glad that you were able to be there with your family.

((((HUGS))))

Barlow Fam said...

Briana, I am so sorry. I am sure there were lots of old wounds along with the new ones. What a blessing we have to know what the whole plan is. Though it doesn't make it any easier. Please know that I'm thinking about you and your whole family will be in my prayers.