Friday, May 30, 2008

May Happenings....

It's been a crazy month, and I'm finally getting around to posting some of May's highlights.
Mason learned to clap his hands!! He was so excited and will just sit and clap repeatedly. It is way too cute! It's funny how we get just as excited about the 4th child doing this as we did with the first. I love watching them learn new things and seeing the excitement in their eyes.
Mia made me the sweetest things at preschool for Mother's Day. I love when the kids make me things. It always means so much more than something purchased from the store. Colton made me a beautiful bookmark and all the kids made me breakfast.
Mother's day is always bittersweet for me. I love celebrating being a mother, but it also reminds me of the amazing mother that I have. She was an incredible mom and taught me so much. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her terribly.

My mom's birthday was May 12th. And on that special day, Mason decided to start crawling!! He didn't get too far the first few times, but now he is all over the place - and boy is he fast!! He loves to stand up and will pull himself up on anything he can get his hands on. The kids love watching him go - although Mia still insists on carrying him around the house (which is quite a sight, considering that she doesn't weigh that much more than him!).

2 comments:

Christina said...

Aww I love that picture of your mom and dad!!! And WTG Mason!!!

Barlow Fam said...

What great pictures. I too love watching all my kids do their first as much as the first. I bet your Mom is loving watching you be a mom, probably more than we know. Love the picture!