TROUBLE.....here I come!!
Don't let this sweet face deceive you!! I have learned quite a few things this week.
- if I use my right foot to push off the floor, I can crawl at close to lightening speed!
- thanks to the above, I can get from one side of the house to the other in no time at all. So, I keep my mom busy constantly - making sure there are no small legos, magnetix, polly pockets, paper scraps, etc. on the floor for me to find (because I WILL find them!!). In fact, the other day I choked on a teensy weensy leaf (that one of my siblings probably brought in from outside). And then I found a yummy looking piece of paper. You should have seen the worry on my mom's face when I started throwing up. You'd think by child #4, she'd be used to things like this....but, nope, it still made her heart skip a beat (or two or three...)
- I can pull up on anything and everything!! I prefer things that won't roll out from underneath me (like my brother's lego wagon - that wasn't fun!)
- I can open kitchen cabinets and drawers and love to pull things out - especially things that make lots of noise when I bang them together!
- I can get quite a reaction from my siblings when I crumble, tear, or chew on pieces of art work, pokemon cards, coloring books, etc. Maybe one day they will figure out that if they don't want me to get ahold of it, they need to keep it off the floor!!!
- Sleep! Who need's sleep! My most recent discovery is that I can function off of very little sleep. In fact, I have quite a system set up. Anytime I wake up at night, my overly exhausted mom (who's probably too tired to realize what she's doing - hehe), feeds me and gets me back to sleep. Lately, I have been enjoying middle of the night snacks about every hour or so. It's great!! And even though my mom and dad start me off in my crib (aka wooden prison), I always end up in their bed (also, thanks in part to my mom's complete exhaustion). I must admit that I love it!! There is nothing better than being snuggled up between my awesome parents - where I can do very unannoying things like repeatedly scratch the mattress, beat my dad on the back, or stomach, or face....
Yep, I'm discovering all kinds of things!! But the best is that all I have to do is flash my charming smile, and everyone is putty in my hands! It really is great being the baby of the family.
4 comments:
And that smile will continue for years to come! : )
You CRACK me up :) That was hilarious :) He's quite the charmer for sure!!! I know Corrinna is smitten ;)
Its amazing how much they can start getting into. Clark is really getting around getting into things these days. I'm a little nervous having another in a couple months. He sure is a cutie!
I love his smile!
Meredith Cobb (Lander)
Post a Comment